Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Top 13 of 2013!

 Hello everyone,
                         Today I thought that it would be a nice idea to show you my top thirteen products for the past year of 2013! I think that last year was really great for me and I want 2014 to be even better!

Face

1) Dream Pure BB Cream from Maybelline 
This is an amazing base for everyday and I think that it is such amazing coverage and looks so natural on the skin. It's brilliant for everyday use and since I found it this year, I have realised that it is my new favourite! I got this in the second half of the year and will continue to use it for a long time! I did a review and comparison of this one and the original one from Maybelline here.


2) Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
I have another concealer that I am using at the moment that may be  better than this one but, for this past year, this is the one I have used. I like that it's easy to put on and is very good coverage. The only problem is that there are only three shades but the one I have is a great match for me. It blends really nicely too because it is a cream formula. This stuff lasts forever and is about £3-£4 so it's really great! 



3) Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Face Powder
This is a really great, light, natural powder. It looks great over most foundations and it sets makeup better than my Stay Matte one and I think that this adds a small amount of coverage too, especially when applied with a buffing brush. 


Cheeks

4) Natural Collection Powder Blush in Peach Melba
I distinctly remember using this blush for about four months straight. Literally. I would not wear anything else. I loved it during Spring and Summer because it gave a nice glow and a small flush without looking like too much. Because it is matte too, it looks very simple but will go with everything!


5) Sleek Face Contour Kit
This is a great contour powder to use in the hollows of the cheeks and to add some definition to the skin. It looks really good on and I love this powder too because it's not too dark or too light and I think that it is amazing. I do love the highlighter too, but I haven't included that in this Top 13. 


6) Sleek Blush Trio in Lace
I mostly like the middle colour but all three are beautiful, bright, summery colours that I love to wear and they are just the most pigmented blushes I have ever tried! Better than any other brand! 



Eyes

7) Stila In The Light Eyeshadow Palette
I used this the most this year out of all of my palettes and it is one of the best! The eyeshadows are such good quality and they are just some of the best eyeshadows I have ever used! This palette has ten of Stila's best selling eyeshadows for only £25! 


8) Benefit Stay Don't Stray 
I used this product for most of the year as a primer, not only for my eyes, but for blemishes too, before concealer. I love this stuff so much because, other than my MAC paintpot, which I love, it's the only thing that covers veins on my eyes, because it's skin coloured, and also keeps eyeshadow on all day without creasing, that includes concealer too! It really is great and it reminds me of a liquid/cream version on MAC Painterly Paintpot.


9) Rimmel London Scadeleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude
This is just the best type of eyeliner I have ever come across. These are much like the Urban Decay ones and the nude one is my favourite and I wear it almost everyday on my waterline. It just makes my eyes look larger and brighter, which I need in the mornings! 



Lips

10) L'Oréal Colour Riche Lipstick in 258 Berry Blush
This is one of my most worn lipsticks of all year! It's the perfect berry colour with some golden shimmer running through it. I doesn't look like too much either, which is perfect. It is absolutely beautiful and it's one of my all time favourites. I thought that this was discontinued but they just gave it new packaging and, possibly, a new formula, but I'm not sure about that! 



11) Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie 
This is a perfect berry colour, again, but is a bit more pink so it is wearable for everyday and season. I love this because it is so moisturising and beautiful on the lips.


12) ELF Essentials Lipstick in Nostalgic
This is my all time favourite lipstick because it is a beautiful, pink toned nude, which is the best for my skin tone and it's so moisturising. Also, for £1.50, it's brilliant! I have worn this all year and I love it so much!

13) OPI Nail Polish in Don't Pretzel My Buttons
I had a miniature of this last year for Christmas and I got the full size this year! It's the perfect creamy, nude colour that goes with anything and looks good in all seasons! It's amazing quality too! A big thumbs up from me! I'm wearing it right now!

Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment