Pages

Sunday 6 April 2014

Spring Room Decor!

Hello everyone,
                        It seems so long since I sat down and actually wrote a blog post - well it has been, sort of - I have had blog posts planned and have taken the pictures for them but have not had time to write. So I decided to take a few hours out of my Sunday to write some for you! I have a makeup tutorial coming up in the next week and then, hopefully my current favourites for non beauty related items, if all goes well! Let's get started with today's post about some of the things I have changed or upgraded in my room for the spring time!

The first thing I did was get rid of my mirror on the wall and I swapped it for this plush, green and pink, spotty and lace, heart shaped bulletin board. I really love this and I put this on my wall after Christmas because I couldn't wait for Spring! I got this as a gift for Christmas in 2012 and never put it up, so I decided to do it this year! It's the perfect size, I think, and I like it plain instead of having things on it! This one is from Argos and was quite cheap if I remember, but I can't find it on the website. Sorry!


The second thing I did to change my room up for Spring is I got a new bedspread. This one is light blue with pink and green floral print all over the front of it. It also reversible and the opposite side is a darker shade of blue with white polka dots. I got this for only £11 at The Range and they do it in several different sizes. Once again, I can't find this online but perhaps it is in your local shop.



Once again from The Range, I got this canvas to replace one of my macaroon pictures above my bed, because I've had those for over a year now. This one is a picture of some vintage women all in brightly coloured swimming costumes, all with high heels, hair bows, ringlet curls and bright red lipstick. I love how colourful and bright it is, but it's still vintage. The background is grey too so it makes the colours stand out! I believe this was around £2-£3 as well, what a bargain!


My other lamp broke so I had to replace it, and my Mum had this one in the cupboard downstairs that is a light pink with sequins all over it. I thought it was so cute and it was from Next, but I'm unsure about whether they still sell it in the Home section! I've also been enjoying my tart burner/melter. You burn the wax with a tea light underneath and it smells so much stronger than a candle! I love it so much and it's a lot cheaper than the Yankee Candle candles you can buy!



As it is now getting into Spring, I also want my room to smell clean and fresh so I like to use the Febreeze Air Effects Cotton Fresh Room Spray to make it smell nice and refreshing.


Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment