Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

High End Beauty Haul - Including MAC, Stila and Korres!

Hello everyone,
                        Last Thursday I went shopping with a couple of my friends and I spent a lot of time in Harvey Nichols, bad, I know! I couldn't help but buy a few nicer items that I wouldn't normally get for myself! I also bought one thing from Selfridges too that I wanted to share! By the way, I paid for all of this with my own money that I earn myself, from having a job! Also, I wouldn't normally spend this much at one time on higher end products, but I hadn't bought makeup since after Christmas and I had had a clear out of my collection the day before, before buying anything new!

*Click any image to enlarge*

The first thing I bought from Harvey Nic's was a nail polish from Butter London. Normally, I wouldn't pay this much for a nail polish, but I was having a 'treat-myself-day', as I like to call them! I bought this one in the colour Fiddlesticks, (cute nail polish name alert!). This is a darker pink with slightly black/silvery glitter in it. It's really unique and I had never seen one like it before! I have tried it on my nails and I really liked wearing it, I actually couldn't stop looking at it. This nail polish was £12.


Also, from Harvey Nichols, I bought two lip balms. The first is the Burt's Bees Refreshing Lip Balm with Pink Grapefruit. This is SO hydrating, moisturising and tasty! It smells amazing and does the best job at keeping my lips hydrated and not chapped! This was £3.25.


The second lip balm I got was because of how much everyone raves about them! It's the Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate. It tastes amazing, has the best amount of sheer colour to it and is really moisturising on the lips. It lasts a long time too! Definitely recommended by me! The price of this product was £8.


I then took a naughty trip to the Stila counter. Oops. I was going to buy a convertible colour in the shade Lillium, but the lady behind the counter told me they had a trio running, that was limited edition and had the shade I wanted to buy in it. It was also great size for travel and, with this product, you get variety in what you chose. These work for lip and cheek colours. I think this small palette is worth it if that is something you are in to. It was £23.


Also, from Stila, I bought the Lip Glaze Trio in Elegant Emerald Collection. These were the most neutral ones which means I will use them the most! I love the colours of them and I also love the consistency and the taste and smell of these lip glosses. I decided to get the trio because one full sized lip glaze was £15, whereas this trio, which are all full sized too, was £12. So it only made sense!


The woman at the counter, Danielle, told me that you get a free collectable beach palette with every two items you buy at the stand. The palette I got it the Wonderful in Waikiki palette. The colours are gorgeous and, because it's small, it's perfect for taking with you on the go! This is originally £10 and I got it for free! There are four eyeshadows, one blush and one bronzing powder that I, personally, would use as a blusher, not a bronzer. This is because it's too pinky toned for me, to be a bronzing powder. The quality is really good and I really like using this palette.


The last thing I got was from Selfridges. We went to the MAC stand in there and had a look at everything and I was drawn to one lipstick in particular. Creme Cup caught my eye and I loved it! I bought it for £15 and have worn it a couple of times already. It the perfect shimmery nude colour and, can I just say, it tastes like vanilla birthday cake! I really do like it and I really like the consistency too. It stays on for a long time during the day, also.


Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment