Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Christmas Gift Guide: What to Get For Your Friends 2013!

Hello everyone,
                        Today I have my first ever Christmas post on this blog! I have wanted to start doing my Christmas posts for a while now because, obviously, on Sunday it is December first and I can't wait! I decided to do gift guides for the different types of people in your life! This one is focussed on what to purchase for your friends! Usually, like me, you have more than one friend to buy for, so I made everything under £10. At the end I have added some really low budget ones too if you are giving tonnes of gifts this year! If you only have one main friend to buy for then maybe you could buy a couple of these together! Hope you enjoy!

Christmas GG

1) Nail Polishes
I think giving your friends a nail polish each, or maybe even a couple, depending on the price, is a perfect gift. You can make this one quite personal too, as you can choose their favourite colour or a colour you think they would like, so that, every time they wear it, they think of you! The two on the picture are called Bobbing for Baubles and Russian Roulette, from Essie, which are both really pretty holiday colours I think! If you don't want to spend £7.99 on an Essie polish, then the Barry M High Shine Gelly Nail Paints are just as good and are about £3-£4, an amazing steal! 

2) Double Headphone Jack 
This gift is perfect for music lovers who want to share music with a select group of people, four at the most! This is a really cool gift, in which you can put one of these into the headphone jack on your phone, and then plug two pairs of headphones into the top, so you can share music with more people, without playing it out loud! I think this is amazing and I might even order myself one! These are super cheap too at an amazing £2.59, you can't go wrong! I have so many problems with showing people videos or listening to music when there's a lot of people around! I found this one here, but there are many other styles to choose from! 

3) Fuzzy Socks or Gloves
I think that giving your friends a pair of fuzzy socks or a pair of little gloves or mittens, is the perfect gift! You could also get a pair of slippers if you find some nice, inexpensive ones! Everyone loves fuzzy socks, gloves and slippers during this time of year, so I think that finding a nice pair of them for each of your friends is great. Plus, you don't need to wonder about whether or not you are wasting money on something they will never use, because, most likely, they will use them everyday or every other day in the colder months! 

4) Giftcards
Giftcards are a great personal gift because you can get a giftcard for any shop your friend likes! Also, you can decide how much you put on them, from £5 up! I really like this gift idea because it shows you took time to think of what they would like! My top three would be:
  • Starbucks Giftcard - Who doesn't like experimenting with new drinks, especially at this time of year? 
  • iTunes Giftcard - They can buy music, a film, a book, a TV programme... anything they wanted, which is nice because they get to choose what they get to put on their phone or iPod
  • A Giftcard to the Cinema - The one for the cinema is super personal and, who doesn't love going to the cinema for free right? 
I love these ideas! As well as a giftcard, you could get them a subscription to their favourite magazine for a month, depending on the cost! I found this website that sells vouchers for tonnes of places in the UK, or you can get them from your local supermarket!

5) A Cute Phone Case
The one I found in the picture is a minion phone case! So cute! I love it and I would love to receive a phone case from a friend as a gift! They don't even have to be that expensive. This one was only £2.89 here for iPhone 4/4s. There are plenty online for quite cheap prices, that look really cool! 

6) Initial Midi Rings - Set Of Three 
I found this really pretty, set of three midi rings from Topshop, that are only £5.50 for three! That's awesome! They are a silver ring with a gold embellishment on two out of the three. The first is a heart, the second is your friend's initial and the third is just a silver band. They also have normal sized rings too, with initials on, those are £4.50.

7) Nail Rock Frou Frou Christmas Nail Appliques 
If you have a friend that loves nails and nail art, then this will be perfect for them! These are little 3D nail decorations in the shapes of Christmas trees, Santa, Snowmen, Candy Canes etc. These look really cool and I found them on Urban Outfitters, here, for only £6!  

Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment