Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Review and Comparison ||| Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream!

Hello everyone,
                        As promised in my Sick Day Essentials blog post, I am going to review a product that I have been trying for the last few weeks and I wanted to give my thoughts on it! So today I am reviewing the, *Takes deep breath*, Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB 8-in-1 BB Cream For Oily Skin. (I had to link both of the products on the Maybelline website. You cannot buy it on there but you can buy it on Boots or Superdrug because those links were not working for some reason! And all links open in new tabs!) The 'Oily Skin' part is the most important on this product. As you can tell from the packaging of the original to this one, they are different. The first BB cream they made had nude and pink packaging. Whereas this one has nude and blue. So now that we have gotten over the basics, lets get into the full review!



As I said before the packaging is different for which one you get, so make sure to pick the right one. Story-time... *Opens book and starts to read and thinks back to summer 2012* Last year I heard the beauty community going wild about BB creams and how the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream was the best one on the market. As a beginner in makeup I wanted something light for school and summer and decided to invest £7.99 in this product. At the time my skin was so oily and I wanted to see if it would work on my skin. It didn't. It didn't show up at all, the colours were very orange, it was very oily, it covered nothing and it didn't last long either (during the day I mean)! Not impressed! But this year I decided to try the new one they came out with, which was targeted to people who still wanted something light, but with coverage and acne treatment built in! That's me! I definitely think that Maybelline received  some bad feedback from customers with oily skin, but at least they decided to fix the problem by making a BB cream for oily skinned people! I think that this product is more yellow toned, so if you are pink, like me, you might be able to get away with it because it's not so strong looking and it blends in fine. So unless you are very pink toned I wouldn't recommend it!

*Click images to enlarge*















Lets get into the details and specifics that this product has to offer. this BB cream is the same price as the original at £7.99. Firstly, this BB cream contains 2% salicylic acid to help get rid of and prevent acne and spots. Also, this one is made for oily skin do it helps with pore reducing and with grease. This is a miracle in a tube! As well as this, it has SPF 15 with is great for the summer time and for any day in general! This 8-in-1 product claims to:

  • Conceal imperfections
  • Help protect against the appearance of blemishes
  • Be oil-free and non-greasy
  • Minimise the appearance of your pores
  • Clarify the skins look
  • Conceal redness
  • Hydrate and smooth
  • Complement your skin tone






















Why do I love it so much I hear you say? Well:
  • It has some great coverage! I still have to use concealer just because I have so much to cover up but if you have a small amount of acne or redness this would be perfect! 
  • My pores don't look as big, (I don't think!)
  • It stays on for a long time.
  • I don't notice nearly as much shine or oil, which is great! 
  • It shows up on my skin but doesn't look fake! 
  • And it's the perfect shade for my skin tone!
I really like the packaging too! It's quite small and compact but you get tonnes of product! It's pretty bright and also it is a squeezable tube so I feel like I can control how much I use, so I don't waste product! I love this one and it is amazing, the ONLY downside, for me, is that there are only two colours. I'm not sure why there are not more but I guess if you really enjoy this product you could mix them together or mix with another foundation. I just wish there was a wider shade selection so that everyone can try it! Luckily the lightest colour fits me but for some people they may be in between. Now, I do want to say, just because I hated the original product, does not mean it won't work for you, your skin type or your skin colour and skin tone. If you have dry skin the original is probably better but you might want to read several reviews before purchasing to make sure you get the right one. I'm really sorry I do not have a picture of me wearing the BB cream because I am not going out now and I do not want to waste product! And I'm sorry this post was so long I just had a lot to say, (as usual!). Hope you enjoyed! 

Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment