Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Teatime with Liv ||| Chicken Chow Mein

Hello everyone,
                        Today I'm going to do a different sort of post which will be food related! Last night I let my Mum have a night off from cooking tea and I decided to make it instead. I found a recipe that I made last year for cooking class and I loved it! I made a Chicken Chow Mein and it was amazing! I do however have a problem with this recipe, it doesn't tell me how many people it serves. I would say it serves two people because when I served it for three, we each had a small amount and weren't full. I would double everything to serve four people! I decided that I might do more of these posts in the future so I'm naming this series, Teatime with Liv! Lets get in to the post!

Ingredients:

  • 150g Dried Noodles
  • Chicken Breast, cut into small pieces, (If you want to use it. You can also use beef, ham, tofu etc...)
  • 1 Clove Garlic
  • 1 Small Piece of Fresh Ginger
  • 2 Spring Onions (Any onions will do really?!)
  • 4 Mushrooms
  • 4 x Broccoli Florets
  • 1 x 10ml spoon oil (I used vegetable oil for mine because I added chicken!)
  • 50g Bean Sprouts ( I didn't put these in, they didn't make a huge difference!)
  • 1 x 15ml Spoon Soy Sauce (I usually use a lot more to make it look a brown-ish colour)



Also, as I said before, I added chicken breast. These were already chopped up and I just fried them in a pan with vegetable oil until brown. I just added as much as I thought I would need in comparison to the noodles!

Method (Along with pictures):

1) Cook the noodles as instructed on the packaging and then drain.


















2) Cook the chicken using vegetable oil in a pan.





3) Whilst the noodles and chicken are cooking, prepare the vegetables:

  • Peel and crush the garlic 

  • Peel and shred the fresh ginger

  • Chop the spring onions

  • Slice the mushrooms 


  • Cut each broccoli floret into four

4) In the pan with the chicken, fry the garlic, ginger and onions for one minute.


5) Add the mushrooms and broccoli and cook for another three minutes.


6) Stir in bean sprouts, (if you are using them), and cook for another two minutes.

7) Add the noodles to the pan of vegetables and chicken and then add soy sauce to the mixture.





8) Stir fry everything together for three minutes 

9) Serve and enjoy!

Hope you enjoyed this recipe!! 


Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment