Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

Sick Days and My Essentials!

Hello everyone,
                        Recently, including today, I have not been feeling myself. On Saturday I had extremely sore legs and knees which wouldn't go away until I went to bed, and then yesterday I just felt under the weather and tired. Now finally, this morning, I woke up with a super sore throat and I was freezing! I still am. (Pretty sure I have tonsillitis because I get it a lot!) So today I thought it would be nice to go through my sick day essentials! Now all of these pictures are, most likely, from Google Images because I'm focusing on getting better and not taking blog pictures so I do apologise in advance! Lets get into it. (Any links will open in new tabs!)

First of all lets talk about beauty products. Now, when I'm ill, I don't worry too much about the way I look, but there are some things I do to help my skin out when I'm sick. Skincare is very important to me, especially when I'm ill, because, when you are sick, your immune system is getting rid of your illness or virus, so it is not concentrating on keeping your skin at it's best. So there are a few products that I use to help with that.

The first product I use is a face moisturiser, My skin feels dry when I'm ill and normally it is very oily. I enjoy using a thick and natural moisturiser. The one I use is the Neal's Yard Remedies Power Berry Daily Moisture. This is pretty expensive but I have a smaller version from a magazine that is awesome! I love it. A little bit goes a long way. It's pretty thick and it's all natural so it's great for sick days. I think I will do a separate blog post on it so that I can talk more in detail about  it. It's great for days like today!




The next thing for my face is the Lush Ocean Salt Facial Scrub as an exfoliant. This gets rid of all of the dead skin cells that most likely have bacteria in them because, again, your immune system is busy getting rid of your illness and won't help your skin. This gets rid of all of the nasty bacteria that is sat on your skin and I love it for sick days and any other day in fact. This is also good for the skin on your body too if you feel like your sickness has had an effect on that.



Next I have a spot treatment to help with zits. This is the Simple Spotless Skin Rapid Action Spot Zapper. I did say in my July Favourites that I would do a separate post on this product so I won't say too much!



Next is a body moisturiser which I said I liked to use earlier in this post. I use the, long name alert, Garnier Intensive 7 Days Daily Body Lotion With Nourishing Shea Butter For Dry to Extra Dry Skin. I love this and will do another post on it. 



Next is some makeup that I need in case I'm going out for a small amount of time when I am ill. This is the Maybelline Foundation Dream Pure BB Cream. The next post I do will be about this so be excited for it! 

I also love to wear any mascara such as The Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara to go out in. It's just simple and doesn't make my eyes look horrible and thin! 




The only drink I have, other than water, is tea. Preferably PG Tips.


And finally I really enjoy the Heinz Cream of Chicken Soup. It's so soothing for my throat and it tastes so good!


Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment