Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

First Impressions and Review ||| Stila In The Light Eyeshadow Palette!

Hello everyone,
                        Yesterday I received a package from an online shop called beautybay, I had ordered on Friday or Saturday and my order came on Tuesday. Pretty good postage! Inside was the beautiful Stila In the Light Palette! I was truly wanting to try this palette for the longest time. There are four different types of the 'In the Light...' palettes: In The Light, In The Garden, In The Moment and In The Know. Each one comes with different eyeshadows and a different eyeliner in each as well as different coloured packaging. I got this one because this one had the most neutrals and I had heard Zoella talk about it and how much she loved it. This palette costs £25 and, on beautybay, there is worldwide free delivery! So lets get into the photos and my first impressions of this product! I do want to say that I got this as my birthday present so I did not pay for it but my Mum said that I could get it early if I wanted, (My birthday is in October), because I didn't want anything else for my birthday gift, so I just decided to get it there and then! (*Click to enlarge any images*)


I think Stila's packaging is so cute because it is cardboard and there is no excess packaging which is nice! I love it! This palette is pretty small but there are 10 really good sized eyeshadows and a full sized Smudge Stick Eyeliner in Damsel, (a dark brown). This palette is really good value for money and it's awesome! The eyeshadows, so far, seem very pigmented and they are everyday colours. This palette also comes with a small lookbook so that you can do some of the looks that they have suggested, at the end I will show you the one that I copied today so that I could test out the most neutral one in the book! Here is the palette, lookbook and swatches of all of the shadows: (*Click to enlarge any images*)






Top three: Bare, Kitten, Bliss
Bottom three: Bubbly, Gilded Gold, Luster

Top two: Sunset, Sandstone
Bottom two: Night Sky, Ebony

Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel

Top: Bare
Bottom: Bubbly 

Top: Kitten
Bottom: Gilded Gold


Top: Bliss
Bottom: Luster 

Top: Sunset
Bottom: Night Sky

Top: Sandstone
Bottom: Ebony




Firstly I will talk about the liner. This is one of the creamiest liners I have ever come across! It's a natural dark brown which I love because it's not as harsh as black but it is still dark. This stays on pretty well so far and it just glides on the waterline. I have yet to try this product on my top lashline but I'm sure it will be great! I love it so much! They do sell these separately, you can get those here

The eyeshadows are amazing quality and they are so pigmented and lovely. I love how they are all neutral and there is a mix of shimmery shades and matte shades. The matte shades are exactly which ones you want to be matte and the shimmery shades are exactly perfect because they are darker colours like greens and blues so I can experiment with the more natural colours. I love it! One of my favourite shades is Kitten, it's just like a pressed pigment! 

If you are on the edge of whether to buy this or not, I think you should just go for it! I don't regret it! This palette is made up of 10 of Stila's best selling eyeshadows. They are each bigger than the Naked palette eyeshadows from Urban Decay and it's cheaper too! And you get a full sized eyeliner included in the price. One full sized eyeliner on it's own is £13 and a single eyeshadow on it's own is £12 so that equals to the price of this palette - great deal if you ask me! 

Last but not least I want to show you the look I did today using the lookbook provided. The look is the second picture down, (*Click to enlarge any images*), I also added the eyeliner to my waterline and didn't wing the black shadow out.


The look I did. 





Overall I will give this product a: 

Four and a half out of five.


Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment