Pages

Monday 28 October 2013

Halloween Tutorial - Jessie from Toy Story!

Hello everyone,
                        Today I'm doing the second Halloween tutorial. The makeup for Jessie is really easy, it's just a kind of complicated costume is all. But, non the less, I thought it was a good idea to show this makeup and you can incorporate it into different costumes or even tone down some aspects of it, and wear it as an everyday look! It is quite natural after all. The picture below is the picture I took inspiration from. Let's just start!




The first thing I did was make a smooth, flawless, (yeah right!), base. Obviously Jessie is a doll, so her skin is flawless and perfect! I used my Garnier Skin Naturals Shine Be Gone Moisturiser for a smooth and not oily base. Then I put on my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on any imperfections and redness. I then applied the Maybelline Lumi-Touch Highlighting Concealer under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my cupid's bow and on my brow bone. Then I blended it in. I then set everything with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.

L-R: Highlighting Concealer, Powder, Moisturiser, Concealer


For cheeks, I added a tonne of highlighter, in the same areas I placed the highlighting concealer. For highlighting I used the Soap and Glory Glow All Out Luminizing Powder. As you can see from the picture of Jessie, the lights shine off of her face because of the materials she is made of. Then for blush I used the Collection Shimmer Shades in Number 1 Way To Glow. This looks exactly like what Jessie wore! If you own Sugarbomb Boxed Blusher from Benefit, that will give the same result! Apply a lot.

L-R: Blush, Highlighter

Onto the eyebrows. I filled them in with my Rimmel Special Eyes Eyeliner in Rich Brown and set those with my, rather disgusting looking, Collection Clear Mascara, I did this because Jessie has thin, full eyebrows. I couldn't cover mine up, but if you can, or you have naturally thin eyebrows, then use yours or cover them. The only product I used on my eyelids was my Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer, to get rid of any veins on my lids.

L-R: Primer, Eyebrow Gel, Eyebrow Pencil
After this I put on my eyeliners. They are both the Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliners, one in black one in nude. First of all, place the black liner on the tightline, (Under the top lashline), to make it look a lot thicker, as Jessie's lashline is very thick. Then, on the waterline, put the nude liner to make us look younger, to widen the eyes and to open the eyes up. Then apply a mascara to the top and bottom lashes. On the top I used the Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black and on the bottom I used the 17 Waterproof Mascara, (This is quite old so I don't know if they still sell it!). Make sure to work the mascara on the top lashes into the base of them, it makes it look thicker!



Then for lips, I just moisturised with The Maybelline Baby Lips in Mint Fresh and then I applied the ELF Essentials Lipstick in Nostalgic, which is just a nude colour.



That's all I did for the makeup!























Now onto the hair. I just basically parted my hair in the middle and then put a side plait, (or braid, whichever you chose to call it), and I tied it off with a bobble. I then took hairspray and smoothed over the top and the loose pieces of hair in the plait. Sadly, I didn't have a yellow bow to tie on the end of my hair! But that's it! Very simple and easy to do! Then just slap a cowboy hat on, and you are good to go!























Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment