Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

Blogmas Day 2: The Holly Jolly Holiday Tag 2!

Hello everyone,
                        So today, to really kick Blogmas into action, I thought I would do a tag! This one is the Holly Jolly Holiday 2 Tag, which is the second edition of it, obviously! This was created by Beautybaby44 and Strawberryelectric48 on Youtube, from 2012! If they make a third one this year, I will do that at a later date, but so far they haven't! Let's start!



1) Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or do you wait until the last minute? 
I know that Black Friday was last Friday, in the States. So the question to me just means the end of November, instead of Black Friday, because I live in the UK. To be honest, as soon as September rolls around, my head goes into Christmas mode! No shame. I start thinking about what to get people and looking online for what I would like and it carries on up until December! I make sure to have all of my presents purchased before the end of the first week in December, because I like to be organised like that, or I panic! I have done that this year and I am doing a post on one of the DIY presents I am giving away this year!

2) If you could be in any Christmas film, what would it be?
I would want to be in Elf because it is the funniest and best Christmas film of them all! I wouldn't be Buddy though, because I would want him in the film with me! I wouldn't mind being in the Muppets Christmas Carol either because I would love to work along side the Muppets!

3) Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? 
I have a really good Christmas Day every year, but I think the edge just goes to Christmas Eve because of the anticipation and how excited you are for Christmas! I really think that Christmas Day is over in the blink of an eye, so it's nice to cherish things on Christmas Eve that happen!

4) When does your family put up your Christmas Tree and who decorates it?
Normally, we put up the tree on, about, the second weekend of December because my Mum won't let me put it up any earlier! Everyone, but my Dad, decorates it because we all enjoy doing it together as a family. My Dad doesn't do it usually because he is working a very busy, Christmas rush, shift as a Postman or he is at his own house. We don't mind that he isn't involved, it's up to him whether he wants to or not! Instead he helps around the house, moving things getting ready for the tree! And he's always there on Christmas morning and around Christmas to appreciate it!

5) White light or coloured lights?   
I really think that white lights look nicer on a Christmas Tree because then you can use any colour theme with the baubles, but if you want a plain tree, then coloured lights look really pretty!

6) Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I have never purposely peeked at my presents! I know, hard to believe! I do know where my Mum 'hides' them, but I have never looked in there! I have only ever seen things when she forgets to log out of a website or when she doesn't put it away!

7) Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or Santa's Workshop? 
As much as I love sweets, I would have to live in Santa's Workshop because it seems like so much fun!

8) Tell us your Christmas Eve Traditions! 
None of these are set in stone, but usually we go and visit my Dad's Auntie, as we don't really see her over Christmas, and then I usually bake something Christmassy and then I normally watch Elf or Nativity, my two favourite Christmas films!

9) If you could go under the mistletoe with anyone, who would it be? 
Well, without a doubt it would have to be Josh Hutcherson, which is ironic because I haven't seen The Hunger Games. I just broke every fan girls heart. Oops.

10) What tops your tree?
On my small tree, in my room, I have a silver and gold glittery bow and on the main, big tree, we usually have a big silver star.

11) Can you name the 12 days of Christmas? 
No way! I only know the first 5! 

12) Have you ever gone Christmas Caroling? 
It's not so big in the UK, so no. Only ever with Primary School I think?! 

13) Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left? 
I do! I have an app on my phone and there are 23 sleeps left, so 22 days! 

14) What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season? 
  • Christmas dinner
  • Hot chocolate 
  • Candy canes 
  • Gingerbread men
  • Vanilla frappe from Starbucks 
15) How has Christmas kept it's magic for you as you've grown older?
Well I am only 14 but I think it has kept it's magic by just being around my family! After the magic of Santa dying out, I realised how much Christmas was about family, because it is still my favourite time of year even though I found that out. So that made me think what Christmas means to me the most, and that is not the childhood fantasy, it's the family, friends and being together at this time of year. I hope you had your snorkel there because I just went DEEP! 

'Christmas isn't a season, it's a feeling.' Edna Ferber.

Thanks for reading,
Olivia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment